Monday, June 6, 2011

I ran a 5k!

Last Saturday one of the other wives, Jessi Quillen, and I ran the Powell Spring 5k. It was such a cute small town race! There were less people there than there are at the Riverdale one that we always run. The race started in a park, went through a very pretty neighborhood, and ended back at the park. I finished 67th out of 123 people with the time of 28.19. Not too shabby right?
That is a 9 minute mile. It was hard, but way fun!! :)

This is a before picture taken by Morgen in our apartment.

There was a guy at the race that took a bunch of pictures and posted them online, that is how I got all the action shots. I'm in lime green and Jessi is in red.

This picture was taken at the finish line. At the last curve I asked if the girl next to me wanted to race. It was pretty fun! I thought I would win since I am so much taller than her, but this picture captured my shame. Short girl beat me. All of the people at the end of the race knew we were racing and I could hear them talking about it as we passed them. It was a fun way to finish the race!

And we are done!! Phew!!! And Pooped!! :)

1 comment: